We have changed our domainWe have changed servers and operate Career|edu under a different domain. Our services will remain unchanged and we will continue to post the best career openings for the academic world at our new domain.
Terms and Conditions
1. Introduction. Please read this web page carefully. It contains the Terms and Conditions governing your access to and use of Career|edu Web Site (Site). If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions or you do not meet or comply with their provisions, you may not use the Site. If you are an employer using the Site, you have entered into a Service Agreement with Career|edu, in which case these Terms and Conditions are part of and incorporated into that Service Agreement. These Terms and Conditions are effective as of December 16, 2008.
Career|edu is owned and operated by Cooperatieve Vereniging AcademicTransfer U.A. For legal purposes and for your convenience, names Career|edu, Cooperatieve Vereniging AcademicTransfer U.A., and AcademicTransfer are interchangeable and represent one and the same organization.
2. Binding Agreement. These Terms and Conditions (as they may be amended from time to time by Career|edu) form a binding agreement (the "Agreement") between you and Career|edu. Your access to or use of the Site indicates your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. You are agreeing to use the Site at your own risk.
3. Certain Definitions. The following definitions apply to this Agreement: "Career|edu Web Site" or the "Site" includes www.careeredu.eu in its entirety and its related sites and includes their Content, Text, Graphics, Design, Programming and Services as applicable in the context.
4. Acceptable Use of the Site.
4.1. General Use Rules. The Site is intended for individuals seeking employment and for employers or recruiters seeking candidates for employment. You may use this Site only for lawful purposes within the stated context of Career|edu's intended and acceptable use of the Site. Career|edu is the sole interpreter of the Sites intended and acceptable use
4.2. License to Use by Users who are Job Seekers. Career|edu hereby grants you a limited, terminable, non-exclusive right to access and use the Site only for your personal use seeking employment opportunities for yourself. This authorizes you to view and download a single copy of the material on the Site solely for your personal, noncommercial use. You agree that you are solely responsible for the content of any Document you post to the Site and any consequences arising from such posting. Your use of the Site is a privilege. Career|edu reserves the right to suspend or terminate that privilege for any reason at any time, in its sole discretion.
4.3. License to Use by Users who are employers. Career|edu hereby grants you a limited, terminable, non-exclusive right to access and use the Site only for your internal business use seeking candidates for employment. This authorizes you to view and download a single copy of the material on the Site solely for your personal use directly related to using the Site for the purpose of searching and recruiting job prospects. You may not sell, transfer or assign any products or services or your rights to any products or services (including access to the resume database) provided by Career|edu to any third party without the express written authorization of Career|edu. You agree that you are solely responsible for the content of any Document you post to the Site and any consequences arising from such posting. Career|edu reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access and use at any time if Career|edu determines that you are in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions.
4.4. Other Specific Rules. You represent, warrant and agree that you will not use (or plan, encourage or help others to use) the Site for any purpose or in any manner that is prohibited by these Terms and Conditions or by applicable law. It is your responsibility to ensure that your use of the Site complies with these Terms and Conditions and all applicable laws.
5. Intellectual Property Rights. The Site and all right, title and interest in and to the Site are the sole property of Career|edu or its licensors, and are protected by the Netherland's copyright and international treaties. Except for the limited licenses expressly granted to you in these Terms and Conditions, Career|edu reserves for itself and its licensors all other right, title and interest. Without limitation on the foregoing, you may not reproduce, modify, display, sell, or distribute the Content, or use it in any other way for public or commercial purpose. This includes copying or adapting the HTML code used to generate Web pages on the Site. "Career|edu" the Career|edu design logo and certain other names or logos are service marks or trademarks of Career|edu, and all related product and service names, design marks and slogans are the service marks or trademarks of Career|edu. In addition, the "look" and "feel" of the Site (including color combinations, button shapes, layout, design and all other graphical elements) are also protected by Career|edu's trademarks, service marks and copyrights. All other product and service marks contained on the Site are the trademarks of their respective owners.
6. Disclaimers and Limitations on Career|edu's Liability.
6.1. Allocation of Responsibility. Career|edu assumes no responsibility for Documents posted by Users and no responsibility for the activities, omissions or other conduct of Users. Career|edu acts as a portal for the online distribution and publication of User submitted information and has no obligation to screen communications or information in advance and is not responsible for screening or monitoring Documents posted by Users. If notified by a User of a Document which allegedly does not conform to this agreement, Career|edu may investigate the allegation and determine in good faith and in its sole discretion whether to remove or request the removal of such Document. Career|edu has no liability or responsibility to Users for performance or nonperformance of such activities. Career|edu may take any action with respect to User submitted information that it deems necessary or appropriate, in its sole discretion.
6.2. No endorsements by Career|edu. Nothing on the Site shall be considered an endorsement, representation or warranty with respect to any User or third party, whether in regards to its web site, products, services, hiring, experience, employment or recruiting practices, or otherwise.
6.3. No Guaranty of Results. Career|edu is not an employment agency or a recruiting firm, and makes no representations or guarantees regarding the effectiveness or timeliness of the Site in meeting the employment objectives of Users. Career|edu does not guarantee that Documents posted by Users will result in candidates being hired or positions being filled, and is not responsible for any employment decisions, for whatever reason made, made by any User.
6.4. WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS
THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN 'AS IS' BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. CAREER|EDU, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CAREER|EDU MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE SITE.
Without limitation on the foregoing:
(i) CAREER|EDU DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE SITE AND ITS SERVERS ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MECHANISMS. IF YOUR USE OF THE SITE RESULTS DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA, CAREER|EDU IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS.
(ii) Career|edu makes no representations or guarantees regarding the truthfulness, accuracy, completeness, timeliness or reliability of any Documents posted by Users, or of any other form of communication engaged in by Users. Documents may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. You agree that any reliance on Documents posted by Users, or on any other form of communication with Users, will be at your own risk.
(iii) Career|edu makes no representations or guarantees regarding the Content of the Site, including, but not limited to, broken links, inaccuracies or typographical errors.
6.5. DAMAGE LIMITATIONS, ALLOCATIONS OF LIABILITY AND EQUITABLE RELIEF.
(a) YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE, THE INTERNET GENERALLY, AND THE DOCUMENTS YOU POST OR ACCESS AND FOR YOUR CONDUCT ON AND OFF THE SITE.
(b) IN NO EVENT SHALL CAREER|EDU (OR ANY OF ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR ADVERTISERS), BE LIABLE FOR ANY NON-DIRECT DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA, LOST EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY, OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) RESULTING FROM OR ARISING UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR ACCESS TO, OR THE INABILITY TO USE OR ACCESS, THE SITE AND/OR ANY DOCUMENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT CAREER|EDU IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
(c) BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OR LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THE PRECEDING PARAGRAPH MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF ANY ARE HELD INAPPLICABLE OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN CAREER|EDU'S MAXIMUM LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY NON-DIRECT TYPE OF DAMAGES SHALL BE LIMITED TO EUR 200,00 IN THE AGGREGATE.
(d) IN NO EVENT SHALL CAREER|EDU (OR ANY OF ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR ADVERTISERS), BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS IN THE AGGREGATE OF EUR 200,00 (OR, IF YOU ARE AN EMPLOYER WITH A SERVICES AGREEMENT WITH CAREER|EDU, THE AMOUNTS ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU TO CAREER|EDU UNDER THIS AGREEMENT IF GREATER THAN EUR 200,00).
(e) Due to the nature of this Agreement, in addition to money damages, you agree that Career|edu will be entitled to equitable relief upon a breach of this agreement by you.
7. Links to Other Sites. Career|edu contains links to third party web sites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by Career|edu of the contents on such third-party web sites. Career|edu is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party web sites. If you decide to access linked third-party web sites, you do so at your own risk.
8. Amendments to this Agreement and Changes to Site. Career|edu may revise this Agreement at any time by updating this page. Changes will be binding on you on the date they are posted on the Site (or as otherwise stated in the any notice of such changes). Any use of the Site will be considered acceptance by you of the then-current Terms and Conditions. If at any time you find the Terms and Conditions unacceptable, you may not use the Site any longer. Any new or different terms supplied by you are specifically rejected by Career|edu unless Career|edu agrees to them in a signed writing specifically including those new or different terms. Career|edu may change the Site at any time.
9. Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Career|edu (and its officers, directors, employees and agents) from and against any third party claims, actions or demands (including, without limitation, costs, damages and reasonable legal and accounting fees) alleging or resulting from or in connection with your use of the Site, any Document posted by you, or your breach of this Agreement. Career|edu shall use reasonable efforts to provide you prompt notice of any such claim, suit, or proceeding and may assist you, at your expense, in defending any such claim, suit or proceeding.
10. Compensation for Services. By using the Site, you agree to pay Career|edu all applicable fees as outlined in the Advertising section of the Site. Career|edu reserves the right to impose late fees for nonpayment, and recover reasonable legal expenses associated with collecting the amount due.
12. Questions and Notices. Questions concerning the use of the Site should be directed to helpdeskcareeredu.eu. Notices shall be sent, for Career|edu, to the address listed on the Site, and, for you, to the address submitted by you or such other address as Career|edu reasonably determines is an appropriate address for you.
13. General. Career|edu contact information is listed on the Site. The Career|edu makes no claims that the Content is appropriate or may be downloaded outside of the United States. Access to the Content may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries, and such persons have no right to access or use the Site. If you access Career|edu from outside of the United States, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction. This Agreement and your Service Agreement, if you have one, are governed by the internal substantive laws of the Netherlands, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. Jurisdiction for any claims arising under this Agreement or your Service Agreement shall lie exclusively with federal courts in the Netherlands or European Union. The sole relationship between You and Career|edu is that of independent contractors. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of all or part of a provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining parts and provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect. All provisions of this Agreement shall survive termination except those granting access or use to the Site, and you shall cease all your use and access thereof immediately. You may not assign or transfer your obligations under this Agreement. No waiver of any term of this Agreement shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term. Except as expressly provided by Career|edu in a particular "Legal Notice," or software license or material on particular Web pages of the Site, this Agreement and your Service Agreement where applicable, constitute the entire agreement between you and Career|edu.
Career|edu Rules regarding Posting, Conduct and Security
Career|edu is the sole interpreter of these rules. Users who violate these rules may have their access and use of the Site suspended or terminated, at Career|edu's discretion. Career|edu reserves the right to change these rules in accordance with the amendment policy in the Terms and Conditions.
1. Posting Rules:
1.1. Your Document may not contain: (i) URLs or links to Web sites, which are similar in nature to Career|edu ; (ii) copyrighted material (unless you own the copyright or have the owner's permission to post the copyrighted material); (iii) trade secrets (unless you own them or have the owner's permission to post them); (iv) material that infringes on or misappropriates any other intellectual property rights, or violates the privacy or publicity rights of others; (v) anything that is sexually explicit, obscene, libelous, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, or hateful; or (vi) anything that is embarrassing or offensive to another person or entity.
1.2. You may not use your Document(s) to: (i) impersonate another person, living or dead; (ii) post false, inaccurate or misleading information; (iii) post advertisements or solicitations of business (including, but not limited to, Email Processors, Project 21, franchises, "club memberships," distributorships, or anything requiring a monetary investment by the User, including a request for payment to obtain job listings); (iv) post chain letters or pyramid schemes; or (v) post opinions or notices, commercial or otherwise.
1.3. Your Document(s) must contain sufficient detail to convey clearly to the User the nature and requirements of the job opportunity, or your qualifications as a candidate for employment. Documents that encourage the User to "email for more details" are not permitted. Documents from any third party charging a fee or restricting complete access to all resume information are prohibited.
1.4. Resume postings must contain the accurate resume of a living individual seeking employment on a full-time, part-time, or contractual basis on his or her own behalf.
1.5. Career|edu is under no obligation to monitor the Documents posted on the Site, but it may monitor Documents at random. Documents found to violate the above Posting Rules may be removed at Career|edu's discretion.
2. Conduct Rules:
2.1. You may not respond to postings by other Users in any manner or for any purpose other than that which is expected (i.e., to apply for the job or to initiate further discussion with the candidate). Communications soliciting the employer's business by our competitors are prohibited.
2.2. You may not send unsolicited commercial email to Users.
2.3. Protect your password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your information and password. You are responsible for all uses of your registration, whether or not authorized by you. If others use your password to post inappropriate material on the Site, you risk losing your access to the Site. You agree to notify Career|edu immediately of any unauthorized use of your registration and password.
2.4. Report inappropriate postings or conduct to helpdeskcareeredu.eu.
2.5. You may not delete or revise any material posted by any other person or entity.
2.6. If at any time during the term of this agreement Career|edu comes to the understanding that you misled Career|edu of your business practices and/or services Career|edu reserves the right to terminate this agreement.
2.7. Career|edu is under no obligation to monitor the conduct of its Users, but it may investigate and respond when violations are reported.
3. Security Rules:
3.1. Users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Site, including, without limitation: (i) accessing data not intended for such User or logging into a server or account which the User is not authorized to access; (ii) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (iii) attempting to interfere with service to any User, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Site, overloading, "flooding", "mailbombing" or "crashing"; (iv) sending unsolicited e-mail, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services; (v) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability.
3.2. Violation of these Security Rules may result in civil or criminal liability. Career|edu will investigate occurrences which may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting Users who are involved in such violations.