We have changed our domainWe have changed servers and operate Career|edu under a different domain. Our services will remain unchanged and we will continue to post the best career openings for the academic world at our new domain.
Go back to the Job List
2017BAPFGGWEF069 - Researcher in health economics: burden of disease and cost-effectivenessPosted by: University of Antwerp
Posted date: 2017-Feb-17
The Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences is seeking to fill a full-time (100%) vacancy in the Centre for Health Economics Research and Modelling Infectious Diseases (CHERMID) for a researcher in the area of health economics: burden of disease and cost-effectivenessin order to conduct model-based and empirical research on the cost and disease burden of respiratory infections in Europe. We are seeking applications for a position of:
A researcher in health economics: burden of disease and cost-effectiveness
The Centre for Health Economics Research and Modelling Infectious Diseases (CHERMID) is part of the Vaccine & Infectious Disease Institute (VAXINFECTIO) at the University of Antwerp (UA) in Belgium. CHERMID is a multidisciplinary research centre conducting methodological and applied research on the economics of health and health care (mainly vaccination) and mathematical and statistical modelling. CHERMID is involved in several European Commission funded projects and VAXINFECTIO is a Collaborating Centre of the World Health Organization.
· Analyse cost and quality of life data.
· Perform cost-effectiveness analyses alongside clinical trials.
· Develop and populate simulation models for disease burden and cost-effectiveness estimation.
· Collaborate closely with other researchers with complementary skills in a strongly international context.
· Written and oral reporting of study results in the national and international scientific community.
· Possibility to undertake a PhD thesis through the research.
Profile and requirements
Essential:you hold a Master degree in Economic sciences (eg, Applied, Social or Health Economics, Commercial Engineering) and/or Statistics
· You have a very good academic track record.
· Strong quantitative background and interest.
· collaborative and multidisciplinary interest.
· Thorough knowledge of Academic English, both oral and written.
· Knowledge of Dutch or French is a plus, but not essential.
· Already having a PhD is not essential.
· You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
· Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
· a dynamic and stimulating work environment;
· as doctoral scholarship holder: a monthly grant ranging from € 2.280,27 - € 2.419,84;
· as researcher assistant: a full time monthly salary ranging from € 3.208,55 - € 5.429,85;
· as postdoctoral researcher: a full time monthly salary ranging from € 3.974,32 - € 6.195,62;
· a 1 year contract, to be increased to 4 years after a positive evaluation after 1 year;
· the date of appointment: asap, by 1st July 2017.
How to apply?
· Applications may only be submitted online and should include a copy of your CV and a coverletter expressing your interestuntil the closing date 6th March.
· A pre-selection will be made based on the submitted applications.
· The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
· More information about the application form can be obtained at vacaturesuantwerpen.be
· For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof. Dr. Philippe Beutels, 03/2652658, Philippe.beutelsuantwerp.be.