We have changed our domainWe have changed servers and operate Career|edu under a different domain. Our services will remain unchanged and we will continue to post the best career openings for the academic world at our new domain.
Go back to the Job List
2017BAPFFBDEF082 - Research and Innovation Manager IOF ADDNPosted by: University of Antwerp
Posted date: 2017-Mar-16
In the framework of its Industrial Research Fund (IOF) and in support of applied research the Antwerp University Association (AUHA)is seeking to fill a full-time vacancy (m/f) as Research and Innovation Manager for the IOF consortium Antwerp Drug Discovery Network (ADDN). The consortium consists of the following research groups: Laboratory of Medicinal Chemistry, Laboratory of Microbiology, Parasitology and Hygiene; Laboratory of Medical Biochemistry, Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Technology and Biopharmacy, Laboratory of Natural Products and Food Research and Analysis and The Laboratory of Pathophysiology. The research of ADDNis focused on multidisciplinary preclinical drug discovery.
The position is explicitly aimed at research valorisation. We expect you to set up projects with industrial partners, explore options for launching university spin-offs and establish project proposals for the European Horizon 2020 Programme. Your main duties will be to identify research ideas, that are mature enough for transfer to the industry and to take the necessary actions to realise this transfer. To achieve these goals, you need to have sufficient insight concerning the needs of the industrial landscape and you are expected to demonstrate sufficient knowledge related to the research topics and techniques of the consortium.
· You consolidate and expand the research consortium with the aim of:
- stimulating collaboration with industry
- building a knowledge and IP portfolio
- professional management of IOF related research projects
- exploring new opportunities for collaboration and valorisation
· You facilitate the increase of research funding within the consortium and support grant writing with primary focus on VLAIO and International grant agencies.
· As a member of ADDN you stimulate collaboration with other faculties / departments / research groups of the university, as well as with the university colleges belonging to the association (AUHA), and create national and international collaborative networks
In summary, your efforts should be focused on valorisation of innovative research results and technologies obtained within the consortium aiming to contribute to the IOF-parameters of the association (AUHA) with primary focus on: industrial collaborations (Parameter 3), EU funding (Parameter 4), patents (Parameter 5) and spin-offs (Parameter 6).
Profile and requirements
· You are holder of a (bio)medical scientific master degree (pharmacist, physician, veterinarian, biochemist, biotechnologist, biologist, biomedical scientist, bio-engineer,…). A doctoral degree in the domain of the research consortium is preferred.
· You have at least 5 years of relevant expertise in research or organization of research related to preclinical drug discovery.
· You have an entrepreneurial mindset and possess strong administration and communication skills.
· You have a good feeling for both the academic and industrial sector.
· Relevant work experience in the industry is a strong asset:
- a good understanding of the ecosystem in which you will operate, with focus on the potential value proposition of projects that are ready for commercialization;
- basic knowledge of intellectual property protection
- market intelligence.
· Experience in attracting external research funding from the private and public sector in the domain of applied research on national as well as international level is desirable.
· Knowledge of technology transfer processes needed to valorise academic research results and available technology as well as experience in managing a broad project portfolio is an advantage.
· Experience with EU projects and the related administration is also an advantage.
· Given the challenging position in both national and international context, the candidate is expected to be fluent in Dutch and English.
· Good knowledge of current MS Office software.
· Experience with project management.
· a permanent contract, depending on a positive evaluation;
· a full time gross monthly salary ranging from € 3.974,32 to € 6.195,62, depending on academic qualifications and former professional experience;
· a dynamic and stimulating work environment;
· flexible working hours;
· 35 days of holiday;
· reimbursement of public transport for home-work travel;
· bicycle allowance;
· date of appointment: at the earliest from 10th of July 2017.The actual starting date is open for negotiation.
How to apply?
· Please send your application with the mandatory application form, letter of interest, and curriculum vitae to iofuantwerpen.be until the closing date: 17th of April 2017.
· A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel; for the selected candidates job interviews will take place 27th of April or 12th of May 2017.
· Information regarding the IOF can be obtained via iofuantwerpen.be.
· For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof. Dr. Koen Augustyns (Koen.Augustynsuantwerpen.be)