We have changed our domainWe have changed servers and operate Career|edu under a different domain. Our services will remain unchanged and we will continue to post the best career openings for the academic world at our new domain.
Go back to the Job List
2017BAPFTEWEF083 - PhD Scholarship in the field of Strategy, Organization & InnovationPosted by: University of Antwerp
Posted date: 2017-Mar-16
The Department of Management (ACED) of the University of Antwerp is seeking a promising young scholar to fill the following full-time vacancy
PhD Scholarship in the field of Strategy, Organization & Innovation
· You prepare a PhD thesis in the field of Strategy, Organization & Innovation.
· Your PhD research will be supervised by Prof.dr.ir. Victor Gilsing and Prof. dr. Christophe Boone. Your research will be focused on the creation of breakthrough innovations and corporate entrepreneurship in established firms.
· You will explore what form the success factors for firms to organize effectively for innovation in the 21st century. What is the role of big data, digitization and/or 3D printing on the innovation process of firms? And how does this contribute to the creation of breakthroughs?
· Special attention will also be paid to the role of a firm’s top managers in this process.
· You contribute to research in the excellence center ACED (University of Antwerp, Department of Management).
Profile and requirements
· We are looking for a candidate with a master degree in business, economics or social science (psychology, sociology). We have a strong preference for a candidate with a research master in one of these fields.
· Candidates should be excellent in academic writing, should have excellent communication skills and be able to co-operate in a multi-disciplinary team.
· You can submit outstanding academic results.
· Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy (http://www.ua.ac.be/research).
· You are quality oriented, conscientious, creative, flexible and a team player.
· a PhD scholarship at the University of Antwerp for a period of one year, with the possibility of renewal for a three year period after positive evaluation;
· the scholarship starts at October 1st 2017;
· a dynamic and stimulating work environment at the center of excellence ACED (University of Antwerp, Department of Management). ACED offers you an excellent research environment from where former PhD students have moved to very good positions at other institutions or to prestigious jobs in business.
· more information on the program of ACED can be found on the website (https://www.uantwerpen.be/aced).
How to apply?
· Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date May 5th, 2017.
· More information about the application form can be obtained at: vacaturesuantwerpen.be
· For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof.dr.ir. Victor Gilsing (victor.gilsinguantwerpen.be).