Posted by: Postdoc positions by NIH
Posted date: 2017-Aug-02
The Translational Research Program in the Department of Anesthesiology at the University of Maryland School of Medicine has a NIH-funded position for a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to study the role of extracellular RNA in sepsis-induced lung injury.
Major responsibilities include:
- Guiding research projects through experimental design, conducting experiments, and analyzing data
- Maintaining detailed documentation of experimental work
- Presenting data within and outside of the laboratory group at meetings and symposia
- Maintaining close communications with PI regarding progress
- Writing, editing, and submitting manuscripts/abstracts detailing the results of the project
A PhD and/or MD with a strong background in physiology, pathology, molecular biology, and immunology is preferred. Experience with animal model of sepsis is welcome. Experience with lung injury studies is preferred. Candidates should be highly motivated and independent with the ability to work in a dynamic team environment. They should have exceptional organizational skills and strong oral and written communications skills.
Please email your application and following information to: Dr. Lin Zou at
2. Contact information of at least three references
3. Brief description of past research experience and accomplishments
4. Expected availability date