Post-Doc Position - Tolerance
Posted by: Postdoc positions by NIH
Posted date: 2018-May-11
The Tolerance group within Pfizer's Inflammation and Immunology Research Unit seeks highly motivated postdoctoral applicants to perform disruptive, translational research in an effort to better impact the development of tolerizing modalities for autoimmune diseases. The position is ideal for those looking to transition into the pharmaceutical industry.
- The candidate will be tasked with independently planning, coordinating and carrying out experiments in a timely fashion
- Produce high impact publications in peer reviewed journals
- Independently interpret and analyze data and communicate findings to mentor.
- Present findings at both internal and external scientific conferences
- Problem solve, embrace solutions, use good judgement and display a good attitude on a daily basis
- PhD in Immunology or disease relevant discipline
- Expertise in T cell biology is strongly desired, however, candidates with high level technical skills and publication record will also be considered. Proficiency in T cell culture, multicolor Flow Cytometry, RNA-seq, western blotting, q-PCR, multiplex ELISA, RNA/DNA isolation, T cell isolation, cell assay development, mouse handling/ lymphoid & non-lymphoid organ isolation is highly desired.
- Additional expertise with lentiviral production, synthetic biology, lentiviral vector design desired but not strictly required.
- Human T cell isolation & in vitro culture
- Possess experience using autoimmune disease relevant mouse models
- Good understanding of immune signaling pathways and interest in metabolomics, proteomics, transcriptomics.
- Expertise with data analysis software such as Excel and Graphpad Prism
- Conceptual and experimental experience pertaining to T-regulatory cell biology and function
- At least one first author publication and additional collaborative papers
- Experience working with humanized xeno-GvHD mouse models a plus.
Please contact Todd Ashworth for further details or refer to Pfizer job posting #600088
Dr. Todd Ashworth