The Food and Drug Administration, Center for Tobacco Products is recruiting a Pharmacologist.
The Pharmacologist will:
- Review and evaluate the results of nonclinical pharmacological studies submitted in support of tobacco product applications, to assess the relative pharmacology of the tobacco products;
- Contribute to reviews of a range of documents and/or studies concerned with exposure and health determinations of product reports/applications to determine adequacy of the results;
- Apply new developments and theories to critical and novel problems;
- Extend and modify approaches, precedents and methods to solve a variety of pharmacological problems with unprecedented aspects;
- Review a wide range of tobacco products to determine the adequacy of the results from biology, toxicology, environmental science, computational modeling;
- Travel Required: 25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
In order be eligible for the position of Pharmacologist, (GS-0405-11/12/13), you must meet the following requirements:
- Degree: major in an appropriate biological, medical, veterinary, or physical science, or in pharmacy that included at least 30 semester hours in chemistry and physiology and 12 semester hours in pharmacology. (MUST SUBMIT TRANSCRIPTS)
- You must possess one year (52-weeks) of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the Federal service or public and private sectors. Such experience includes:
Have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-9 grade level in the Federal service, to include experience assisting in reviewing scientific documents; designing, developing and validating protocols to evaluate nonclinical pharmacology and/or toxicology studies.
3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. degree or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree if related.
Have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service, to include experience reviewing scientific documents; designing, developing and validating protocols to evaluate nonclinical pharmacology and/or toxicology studies.
Have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service, reviewing pharmacology and/or toxicology studies for regulated products such as drugs, chemicals, tobacco and/or other regulated products; developing research projects to fill gaps in knowledge related to pharmacology or toxicology; designing, developing and validating the review protocols to evaluate the pharmacology and/or toxicology of regulated compounds such as drugs, chemicals, or tobacco; evaluation of nonclinical pharmacology and/or toxicology studies.
Please visit https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550517300 and submit resume and transcript.