Health Scientist GS-0601-12/13
Posted by: Postdoc positions by NIH
Posted date: 2019-Nov-08
The Food and Drug Administration, Center for Tobacco Products is looking for a Health Scientist.
- Designs and implements scientific surveys/studies and analyzes and interprets study data and results;
- Develops research projects to fill gaps in knowledge related to regulatory decisions;
- Provides scientific support in conducting evaluation and the use of evaluation results to inform guidance and policy;
- Develops new concepts, methods, and strategies for obtaining and using data for the evaluation of tobacco and/or other regulated products regulations;
- Compiles data to prepare briefings, presentations and technical or scientific reports to support agency recommendations on scientific issues pertaining to the evaluation of tobacco product regulation;
- Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel 2% for this position.
In order be eligible for the position of Health Scientist, (GS-0601-12/13), you must meet the following requirements:
- Have successfully completed a course of study at an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree with a major study in an academic field related to the medical field, health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position. (You must submit a transcript)
- GS-12: You must possess one year (52-weeks) of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the next lower grade level GS-11 in the Federal service. Such experience includes: assisting and providing scientific support in the evaluation of regulated products regulations, programs or policies designed to improve public health.
- GS-13: You must possess one year (52-weeks) of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the next lower grade level GS-12 in the Federal service. Such experience includes: conducting research, scientific developments and implementing evaluation studies regarding regulated products, programs or policies designed to improve public health.
Please visit https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550432000 and submit resume and transcript.