ASM Ethics Fellow
Posted by: Postdoc positions by NIH
Posted date: 2019-Dec-10
Join our team and be a part of one of the largest life science societies in the world. With 30,000 members, including researchers, educators and health professionals, the American Society for Microbiology (ASM) advances the microbial sciences through conferences, publications, certifications and educational opportunities. It enhances laboratory capacity around the globe through training and resources. It provides a network for scientists in academia, industry and clinical settings. Additionally, ASM promotes a deeper understanding of the microbial sciences to diverse audiences.
We offer competitive salaries, top-notch benefits and liberal PTO. Employee pays $0 toward their own health insurance. Holiday schedule includes the days between Christmas and New Year’s. Just to name a few benefits…
ASM Ethics Fellow is responsible for assisting with allegations of potential research and/or publication misconduct are resolved in a timely manner in accord with ASM ethics policies. This position supports the goals of the department and the mission of ASM.
Essential Functions are:
- Work with the ASM Ethics Director to review and investigate allegations of ethical misconduct with a focus on publishing ethics for all ASM journals;
- Review submitted manuscripts as needed to check for plagiarism and/or integrity of data;
- Assist that ASM follows the best ethics practices with the scientific publishing community;
- Support with the review, implementation, and integration of ASM’s Core Values;
- Update ASM Ethics Webpage;
- Complies with company policies, procedures and regulations;
- Performs other related duties.
- Excellent decision-making and organizational skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong ability to interact professionally and comfortably with individuals at all levels;
- Strong interpersonal skills and pleasant disposition needed to work with different management styles and personality types;
- Attention to detail;
- Able to work independently, prioritize multiple deadline-sensitive projects, adapt to changes in work environment, exercise sound judgement, and be proactive;
- Keeps current and maintains knowledge of field;
- Self-motivated and results driven;
- Maintains a flexible and collaborative work ethic;
- Utilizes team approach;
- Commits to exceeding expectations.
- Advanced degree in an experimental biomedical science and robust knowledge of microbiology (Masters, PhD preferred);
- Experience with analyzing data obtained through standard biomedical techniques (e.g. RT-PCR, Western blotting, microscopy techniques, large dataset analysis, statistics, preferred);
- Familiarity with ethical guidelines and regulations.
If you are ready for a real challenge and to make a real difference in science, apply for this unique position today. Please submit salary requirements, cover letter and resume to HRasmusa.org.
Initially, candidates should be available for a 2-year commitment (with the possibility of an extension).
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.