Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Posted by: Postdoc positions by NIH
Posted date: 2020-Jan-16
HJF is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow to support the Preventive Medicine and Biostatistics (PBM) Department located at the Uniformed Services University (USU) in Bethesda, Maryland. The fellow would be responsible for epidemiologic and biostatistics research efforts for studies of environmental and genetic determinants of mammographic breast density and breast cancer and/or study development in collaboration with other scientific and technical staff. Uses technical skills and knowledge in the analytic design, execution and interpretation of epidemiological data that address project hypotheses. Preparing manuscripts from analysis of data to writing for submission in scientific journals. Responsibilities are to assure that data is collected, processed, analyzed and published in support of a research project.
- Plans, conducts, and completes research efforts under the supervision of the investigator. Assignments require development of systems for data collection and data base management, analyses involving multiple procedures and a variety of technical approaches;
- Develops methods, procedures and tools for data collection and analyses;
- Establishes and sets up edits and queries for the database to ensure consistency and validity of the data responses;
- Performs data analysis and collaborates in interpretation and verification of data;
- Writes and edits study results for publication in technical and peer-reviewed journals;
- Participates in preparation of grant proposals;
- Participates in Preventive Medicine and Biostatistics Departmental seminars and other University programs for post-doctoral fellows;
- Prepares, submits and presents research findings at national scientific meetings;
- Supervises junior research staff/graduate students in the planning, execution, and analysis of studies;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of epidemiologic and biostatistics methods and statistical analysis software tools and complex analytic procedures; ability to meet deadlines of projects; excellent interpersonal, writing, communication and analytical skills; proficiency in one or more of statistical computing languages such as SAS, R, or STATA. Experience with analyzing genetic data preferred. Supervisory experience required;
- Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Doctoral degree from an accredited University program in a scientific discipline, preferably epidemiology or biostatistics with 0-2 years of research experience;
- Work Environment: Office environment; travel within the local area to participating research facilities is periodically required;
- Background: Eligibility to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC); eligibility to obtain and hold a Public Trust background.
Please apply online at https://careers.hjf.org/jobs/4095632-postdoctoral-fellow.
HJF is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.